Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cucumber Salad

Recipe and Picture: Open Pantry




I made this salad and took it to my sister's a few weeks ago for dinner. I thought it was really good. And, my sister and her husband liked it too. I omitted the red onions for Mike. I will make this again.

1 cucumber, stripe peeled and sliced very thin
1 Tbsp Red Onion, sliced in very thin small strips
1 Tbsp Sour Cream
2 Tbsp Vinegar, Apple cider or regular White Vinegar
1-2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Chives (I used dried)
1/4 tsp Dry Dill weed
1 Tbsp fresh Parsley
Pinch of Salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper

1. To make the dressing mix the vinegar and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved. Add the herbs, salt and pepper. Last, stir in the sour cream until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.

2. Add the cucumbers and red onion to the dressing and coat evenly. Refrigerate or serve immediately. (The longer it sits the stronger the flavor and the more liquid will come out of the cucumbers, so if you are going to refrigerate it you may want to add more cucumber.)

No comments: