Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Chicken Fried Rice



This is one of my favorite meals. It's one of our regulars. I just throw stuff in. Sushi rice is a must! And, lots of scrambled eggs. I don't marinate the chicken, and I use very little soy sauce. I like a lot of veggies too. I usually use rotisserie chicken. It's similar to this recipe from Good Things Utah:

1-2 chicken breasts, cut up
soy sauce
3 scrambled eggs
2 carrots, finely grated
3/4 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup chicken broth (or 1/4 cup each)
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cups rice

Marinate chicken in soy sauce for a few hours. Cook rice and have ready to add.
In large frying pan, cook chicken in small amount of olive oil. Add carrots and onions and saute until clear. Add frozen peas and cook until soft. Add cooked rice to the mixture. In another pan, scramble eggs, chop finely and add to mixture. Melt 1/2 cup butter (or broth), add crushed garlic cloves to butter, stir and add to mixture. Mix all together well.
Add soy sauce to taste.




















No comments: