Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mexican Manicotti



I thought this would be an OK recipe, but I was surprised that it turned out better than I thought. I don't like refried beans, so I added rice instead. Very good! Very hearty and filling. Super easy. My pan shows the recipe halved.

Recipe: Simplify Supper

1 pound ground beef
1 can refried beans, 16 ounce size
2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Oregano
1 package manicotti, 8 ounce package
1 can enchilada sauce, 19 ounce size
2 cups sour cream
1 cup Mexican style cheese, shredded

Cook ground beef. Boil manicotti shells according to package directions. In a bowl, combine cooked beef, refried beans, chili powder and oregano. Spoon into cooked shells. Arrange shells in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and spoon sour cream over top. Sprinkle with cheese. You can also top with diced green onions, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, etc. Bake additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
















No comments: