Monday, November 17, 2008

Corn & Rice Salad



Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens

4 ears fresh corn
1-1/2 cups cooked rice, cooled
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup fresh arugula
1 small red onion, cut in thin wedges (I left this out)
1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (I left this out)
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Husk corn and remove silk with a stiff brush; rinse. Cook corn in boiling, lightly salted water for 3 minutes. Remove corn; let cool. Cut corn off the cob in planks.
Combine cooked rice, tomatoes, arugula, onion and jalapeño pepper. Transfer to serving bowl; top with corn. Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature. Makes 10 to 12 servings.




I made this salad over the summer and I really liked it. Easy and flavorful. I make it using frozen corn too. Still just as good.

No comments: