Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yummy Bran Muffins

I got this one from my friend Stephanie's blog. I tried it tonight and it was yummy!

Bran Muffins

1 quart buttermilk
2 cups boiling water
5 teaspoons baking soda
4 eggs
1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar (I used one brown and one white)
1 tablespoon salt
4 cups 100% bran cereal
3 cups 40% bran flakes
5 cups flour


1. Mix together the buttermilk, baking soda, and boiling water in a large bowl, one big enough you can put it in your fridge.



2. Cream the shortening, sugar, eggs, and salt.

3. Add the creamed mixture to the buttermilk mixture, stir well. It looks kind of funny at this point, but don't worry.

4. Add the flour and the cereals; mix well.

It will look like this now. Refrigerate over night. Fill muffin tins or cups 3/4 full. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. The mix is good for 6 weeks in your fridge. It makes about 6 dozen muffins I think.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey, you beat me to it. I have a bran muffin recipe scheduled to post next week. These sound similar & good. I love bran muffins!